SailNet Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As this is my very first post here - I apologise unreservedly for asking dumb, newby or repeat questions....

My wife and I are preparing to buy our first boat and join the happy live-aboard ranks.

Along side our training and mile building we are looking at what boat best fits our needs.

One that seems to be a very good match in the Moody 333, centre cockpit, double aft cabin.

I'm looking at everything at the moment, but My initial questions are: Is this boat any good - And What alternatives should we consider?

All advice and comments gratefully received.

Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tip @ScottUK.
The more I research these boats the mother I like them.
As I'm looking for one for sale in the Caribbean- and there aren't many, I'm trying to find similar design and quality alternatives.
So any suggestions from anyone would be a great help.

·
Registered
668 Posts
You could look for a Moody 34, 346 or 376. Likely one or two kicking about around the Carib. I think Oyster made a 35' centre cockpit of the same vintage and similar build quality. HR too but mostly with teak decks. If you go a little larger you can look at Catalinas.

Good luck

·
Registered
175 Posts
Small center cockpits are fairly rare, especially if you want a fin keel. We wanted one around 37' and ended up with 34' aft cockpit.

Najad made small center cockpits. I know the 343 is a similar layout to what you describe and there are probably a few others.

For Hallberg Rassy, the 352 is probably the closest in design to the Moody 333. It's not a fin keel though :(

The S2's get mentioned as a decent small CC boat but I'm not familiar with them. They tend to be smaller (like 30') but I think there are a few models around 33-35'.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts