SailNet Community banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Dear Sailmc,
the 220 volt is no problem.
you can use a regular 50 amp 220 volt plug and hook right into US electric.
the air conditioners (3) and battery chargers (2) will run on 50 or 60 cycles.
the microwave, dishwasher, watermaker, and
washing machine have to be run on 50 cycles.
When you are plugged into shore power you don''t have to Make water, or do clothes.
the only problem would be the dishwasher or the microwave. I have never used the dishwasher. If i need the microwave i just start the genset for a couple of minutes. the genset start switch is right next to the Microwave.

With respect to the 24 volt systems.
if you look into bigger boats you will find many including Swan use 24 volts as the standard.wire sizes are half the size for 24 volts. consider what wire size you would have to run if you were using 12 volts and 1000 amps for the Bow Thruster!
All things i need are easily obtainable in 24 volts such as hella fans and jabsco pumps.
we also have a 12 volt supply ( provided as stock with the boat). we also have an inverter with one outlet which i use for my soldering iron and to charge phones and computers.
Fair winds,
eric

·
Registered
1 Posts
We own a Super Maramu 1998 #207 and will be hauling out this summer. Does anyone have any suggestions on parts and/or proceedures for this process. We have owner our Amel for 2 years and this is the first haulout we have done ourselves. Thanks
Jim Desalvo

·
Registered
7 Posts
Been on a few in the last month or two. Bomb proof, but the interior always seems dated. Not a big deal though, owners always seem safety and equipment focused. I'd rather have well kept equipment than fancy new cushions.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.