SailNet Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23,490 Posts
Now we're talking Drake. Way to dig in and get some sailing related vids out. :)

A suggestion for your interviews along the way is to explore how these various cruisers stay connected with family. Do they have many they are close with, do they have grown kids, etc. It's an issue that weighs on our minds, as we contemplate an extended departure one day. So far, we expect to either fly home regularly or fly kids to meet up with us. I would be curious how the various cruisers you come across deal with this matter. I have a gross speculation that many long term cruisers don't see much of their families or maybe don't have many.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now we're talking Drake. Way to dig in and get some sailing related vids out. :)

A suggestion for your interviews along the way is to explore how these various cruisers stay connected with family. Do they have many they are close with, do they have grown kids, etc. It's an issue that weighs on our minds, as we contemplate an extended departure one day. So far, we expect to either fly home regularly or fly kids to meet up with us. I would be curious how the various cruisers you come across deal with this matter. I have a gross speculation that many long term cruisers don't see much of their families or maybe don't have many.
Thanks Minnewaska, I just interviewed a single handed Norwegian cruiser who I met in Faroe. He was just returning home after a 1.5 year circumnavigation of the North Atlantic. His wife and children flew from Norway to the boat a couple of times and he flew back to Norway a couple of times. He talked about keeping in touch with his family while voyaging..

·
Registered
23,490 Posts
Really cute couple on Southern Cross. Thanks for sharing.

One of these days, someone is going to need to interview you. Mo knows how to use the camera, right? :)

Reactions: drakeParagon

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is a great series! I watched them on Youtube before I found this forum and got some great ideas and insights to put into my own (long term) plan. Keep these coming Drake, I find them very informative, sometimes better than the self-published cruising blogs and Youtbue channels because its a 3rd person asking questions. Sometimes you get a tidbit of info that otherwise wouldn't come out. Thanks again!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do you have any words of advice for people who are thinking of following in your foot

Do you have any words of advice for people who are thinking of following in your footsteps?

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
I enjoyed those. Thanks. :)

Reactions: drakeParagon
1 - 11 of 11 Posts