SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Reaction score
We carry 350' of HT G4 Chain on our main anchor, a 35lb Manson Supreme and 100' chain on our secondary, a 33lb Bruce, with 300' 3 strand nylon. There are MANY times I've used all 350' on our primary and been very happy to have it, but depths here in the Pacific NW warrant such scope.

· Registered
15 Posts
Reaction score
I have heard good things about the Lighthouse Windlass - we have a Muir Cougar - all above decks. As far as the holding space for the chain goes, there is need whilst raising for at least the first 200 or so foot, to use a long rod to help shove the chain back into the aft compartment (past the divider). After that the rest flakes nicely. My wife sometimes goes below to help it out. It's a pain, but we feel more comfortable anchoring knowing we have the extra rode to do the job.

I've heard of folks removing the divider to allow for more room - but that leaves you without an easy backup supply of rode at the bow... /shrug.

-David & Lang
-SV Sappire

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.