SailNet Community banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Reaction score
I was wondering why there isn't a mooring field there,I myself have travel from St Thomas to Maine on my 36 ft sailboat and often use mooring fields to get a good nights sleep , not having to worry about dragging anchors, or waking up in places that I didn't plan.

Atlantic City has a great little Marina at Gardiners Basin,with a great little bar and restaurant called the Back Bay ale house ,I feel they have the best hamburger you can find,the food and drinks are very affordable for people traveling on a limited income. Along with a great little bar in a homey atmosphere there is a new addition that opened this summer...an ice cream dessert place called AC Sweets N' Treats . They of course have ice cream,but they have great coffee along with fresh waffles made while you wait!you can have them with fresh fruit ,the owners pride themselves with their home made baked goods..........home made coffee cake,layer cakes, scones,blueberry buckle,crumb cakes just to mention a few.

In the same area is also the Gilchrist restaurant,they have a great breakfast menu along with lunch,All within the thrifty boaters budgets.Easy access by dinghy or possibly by boat depending on dock space.Plus lots of Little shops and public access to transportation.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.