SailNet Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 10x16 dock that I want to put on a river. Normally during storm surges the water depth changes about 5 feet. However, once or twice a year it can go to 20 feet with rapid water flow as the river is fairly narrow. Any good ideas (and cost effective - cheap) on how to best secure the dock? Putting pilings in the water isn't an option. Just about anything else is. A lot of people pull their docks out when they now the water is going to rise. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
......once or twice a year it can go to 20 feet with rapid water flow as the river is fairly narrow. A lot of people pull their docks out when they now the water is going to rise.
Seems like a smart idea.

·
Registered
23,742 Posts
Pre design a tow system to more easily get it out if the water.

·
Registered
778 Posts
In Lake Travis, TX, I saw long, galvanized cables run from the shore to the floating docks. 'course their problem is lack of water, but the principle should work, no?

·
One of None
8,040 Posts
Pull the dock.. river debris will remove it for you sooner or later.. usually a few days after the storm. I've seen whole trees take out a mooring field. whole docks floating down river.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts