SailNet Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Bill SV Rangatira
421 Posts
Reaction score
Sorry, but I have to say this; "Oh yes you can!"
For 40 years I felt much as you do, but through good fortune we picked up a Rocna cheap and it has been an amazing wake up call.
Frankly, I still do not understand how the new generation anchors work better than the trusty old genuine CQR; they just don't look like they should work as well.
Not having done much anchoring in the Chesapeake, I am not suggesting this for the OP, only as a point of interest.
haven't tried any of the "new" generation anchors but have had bruce and Danforth and my cq hold far better in variety of bottoms
only thing i don't bite on is rock but for that I use my hereshoff

· Bill SV Rangatira
421 Posts
Reaction score
Sorry, but I have to say this; "Oh yes you can!"
For 40 years I felt much as you do, but through good fortune we picked up a Rocna cheap and it has been an amazing wake up call.
Frankly, I still do not understand how the new generation anchors work better than the trusty old genuine CQR; they just don't look like they should work as well.
Not having done much anchoring in the Chesapeake, I am not suggesting this for the OP, only as a point of interest.
on a side note generic is not the same as genuine cqr

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.