SailNet Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
One of None
8,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There she is! sitting on her steerable (well sort of) yard cradle.

·
TROUBLE
964 Posts
Sweet!

The end of our season is Aug-Oct for hurricane season. It gives us a little break, and time for those boat projects that seem to pop up now and again. We are about to head south, along with so many others....Christmas in Georgetown, Bahamas, if all goes as planned.

Thanks for posting, and Happy Holidays!
Ralph
Refinished handrails | sailing away with R & B

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
But-but-but----trees still have leaves --- there's no snow! You haul out before ice & snow?!

(Sent from balmy South Florida -- the weather is here, come on down!)

All in fun. :)
Gary

Reactions: oysterman23

·
Registered
5,361 Posts
Nice boat! Nice cradle! Don't let the dream die - I hope it builds through the winter and you have "the bug" again in the spring.

·
Registered
285 Posts
And I'm sitting here making plans for Thanksgiving weekend on the boat on Catalina Island. We don't stop in the winter here. We just wait out a storm or two now and then.

·
Banned
12,373 Posts
We still have 6 weeks or so.

Heading out for a beautiful fall weekend to watch the geese fly on Saturday. Best time on the Bay you have it all to ourself.

Dave

·
Freedom 39
1,156 Posts
You guys are depressing. Our season is just beginning. The charter company I work for just started sending out boats last week. Foxy's Cat Fight was last weekend on Jost Van Dyke. The first real regatta of the season starts in a couple of weeks. A very small 2-day regatta is this weekend. I'm planning on racing my boat for the first time in it. Scrubbing the bottom Friday. Volunteers are welcome.

You guys should come on down, charter a boat, maintain your tan a bit longer and extend your sailing season!

·
Registered
7,296 Posts
My season ends Dec 31 at midnight, and starts up on Jan 1 at 12:01......not a lot o time in between for maintenance, but I try!

Marty

·
Captain Obvious
2,336 Posts
25 knots with gusts to 50 predicted for tomorrow ( maybe not so far south as you Denise) so we hauled her out last night to be safe. This summer we docked our boat at a riverfront bar thats very close to our house and very cheap, but its completely unprotected. Last weekend was rough with 15- 20 knot wind across the docks.

The water, and the boat never seem more appealing to me than on that last ride when I have to make that turn for the ramp. I just want to turn and head back out!

·
Captain Obvious
2,336 Posts
Worth mentioning too - last year on this date we were frantically hauling all the boats out of the boat yard and ships of every shape and size were heading up the Hudson.

·
Registered
7,220 Posts
Boat's winterized but still wet. Coming out to do more "final" outfitting. Can't wait to retire and only need to do short hauls as maintenance or weather dictate. They look so damn big out of the water when you need to wax or do the bottom. And so damn small out in the ocean. Oh well.

·
2,448 Posts
We're not hauling until 11/16 but I'm working so much OT right now I'm not sure it matters. :(

·
Just A Member
32 Posts
Really don't have to take her out this year but would really like a cheep place to keep her over the winter. Found a place 1.5 miles from the house for $240.00 a month, fresh water w/electric. What do you think?

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Heading out for a beautiful fall weekend to watch the geese fly on Saturday. Best time on the Bay you have it all to ourself.
Magical times on the Bay. :)

We went to Onancock 2 weeks ago with Godspeed (replica from Jamestown) hot on our heels. We'll be out again this Sunday - should be nice! We don't haul until after the Philly Marathon on 17 November.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Just the end of summer season and the official start to winter sailing!
This WE will move from summer mooring to our winter dock in Boston harbor
Will empty the boat and remove the light sails and bathings suits and switch to heavy Dacron sails and bring lots of sweaters , warm coats and gloves
Love our winter sails !

·
Registered
5,361 Posts
25 knots with gusts to 50 predicted for tomorrow ( maybe not so far south as you Denise) so we hauled her out last night to be safe.
It's coming down here. Gusts to 52 predicted at PHL tomorrow morning.

·
Learning the HARD way...
7,270 Posts
I was hauled yesterday :(

It gave me an opportunity to see how my zincs held up since early April;

It looks like I was cutting it close... This, despite the fact that I unplug the boat from shore power 98% of the time.

I was also eager to see the damage done to the lead keel by the mis-charted rock in the Sakonnet River;

It doesn't look too bad. I'll probably just fair it with a file (or a torch) and repaint...

I can't wait until April 2014 :)

Reactions: deniseO30

·
One of None
8,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
E, I don't see a line is your keel encapsulated like on my boat? 4 years on the barrier coat here.. no problems except the bow being scraped by mooring chain. ;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts