SailNet Community banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dreaded TARTAN and Cam,
So now that we have ben CENCERED BY SAILNET...

Does your e-shopping change?

I am going to buy the following this year....

1.better sextant.......$300-$500..
2.Self inflating vest with harness x2...At least $500
3. binocks with a compass....$300 to..Still thinking....

Sailnet has lost my business over this TARTAN issue.

My thoughts
mark

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
They haven't lost mine. I've never met the people who run this place, but I'm grateful for this remarkable service. I think you're peeing on the leg of some really good-hearted and hardworking folks...

One last thing... they lost your business but you're going to continue to use their forum? If you find their actions so unforgiveable, why don't you leave altogether?

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
One last thing... they lost your business but you're going to continue to use their forum? If you find their actions so unforgiveable, why don't you leave altogether?

See, all them people that said you've lost your mind were not 100% correct

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They haven't lost mine. I've never met the people who run this place, but I'm grateful for this remarkable service. I think you're peeing on the leg of some really good-hearted and hardworking folks...

Leave altogether?
A very good question.I would rather try to stay and keep things on a even keel.And make sure all that read here,alot more than post,know MY REASONS.I have a personal problem with big LAWERS kicking the little guy...

"I think you're peeing on the leg of some really good-hearted and hardworking folks..."
A quote from you and i do not see it as that.I see it as some good hearted hardworking folks that are getting PISSED ON....

HOG,and the rest.......
I realy love going online to SAILNET...

I do not love a COMPANY LAWER TELLING ME WHAT I CAN READ.......

·
Aquaholic
1,139 Posts
I agree in spades with Sailhog; on both points.

The sailnet forums are a huge resource, adn quite valuable to me personally.

The "TartanIssue" is an unfortunate side-effect of our litigious society; but understandable from sailnet's standpoint.

As to shopping through the sailnet store; I have never really connected the two in my mind. As long as I recieve good price and service from them I will continue to buy from them.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
trvlr

much ado about nothing
Sir,
It is nothing to you because your not involved ina a Tartan warranty problem.
And your probably not going to buy a Tartan in the future me thinks..

Meantime the lawers are doing well........
Mark

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I agree in spades with Sailhog; on both points.

The sailnet forums are a huge resource, adn quite valuable to me personally.

The "TartanIssue" is an unfortunate side-effect of our litigious society; but understandable from sailnet's standpoint.

As to shopping through the sailnet store; I have never really connected the two in my mind. As long as I recieve good price and service from them I will continue to buy from them.
Yes,
SAILNET is a huge resource to me also.

So how do you tell the LAWERS and the people that keep this form alive you are unhappy?Tell them here what you would of spent.........

You SIR say and i quote,
As long as I recieve good price and service from them I will continue to buy from them.

TARAN lawers have shut down your and others input here if you did not......

Mark

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
The lawyers would have done much, much better if sailnet decided to fight.

It's not nothing to me because I'm not a Tartan owner. it's much ado about nothing because nothing more will come to all this here. The info is out there for any informed buyer to see.

As always, buyer beware.

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
You might want to invest in a spell checker... almost every post you have made has serious spelling errors, and it does make your credibility drop quite a bit.

Hint: Lawyer has a "Y" in it... :)

Leave altogether?
A very good question.I would rather try to stay and keep things on a even keel.And make sure all that read here,alot more than post,know MY REASONS.I have a personal problem with big LAWERS kicking the little guy...

"I think you're peeing on the leg of some really good-hearted and hardworking folks..."
A quote from you and i do not see it as that.I see it as some good hearted hardworking folks that are getting PISSED ON....

HOG,and the rest.......
I realy love going online to SAILNET...

I do not love a COMPANY LAWER TELLING ME WHAT I CAN READ.......

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Leave altogether?
Did it ever occur to you that Sailnet might be "the little guy"? They also might be "the nice guy," and "the honorable guy."

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The lawyers would have done much, much better if sailnet decided to fight.

It's not nothing to me because I'm not a Tartan owner. it's much ado about nothing because nothing more will come to all this here. The info is out there for any informed buyer to see.

As always, buyer beware.
I disagree...
I poasted the dollars lost to them for me THIS YEAR....

Buyer beware??? Tartan's lawers have taken care of that here....

If the rest posted how much we will be SHOPPING this year then maybe,just maybe,the lawers would loose..

XORT...you do not own a TARTAN...What do you own that the lawers can shut down on SAILNET? Sails,Winches,anckor's,Rigging,?? list is endless and if you can not see this i am sorry........
My Thoughts
Mark

·
Glad I found Sailnet
3,842 Posts
So it goes from a big thread that they were forced to shut down, do a thousand mini-threads that an army of people will keep referring to.

I don't think anything was really stopped. On the contrary, Tartan has put their foot in their mouth in the long term.

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
Bene505—

Google the Streisand Effect... that's basically what has happened... :)

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Did it ever occur to you that Sailnet might be "the little guy"? They also might be "the nice guy," and "the honorable guy."
Where have i said that SAILNET is not the "little guy" the "nice guy" or that they are not "HONORABLE"!!!!!!!!

Now back up a minute and just post what your planning to buy this year...and let SAILNET,the guys that care, have some guns to throw at the LAWERS....and the owners.

Mark

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I hate it when people correct my spelling, but "lawyers" has a y in it.
Realy good WHISKY spelled wrong makes me not care if you correct me spelling if you send me more......but you have to go to Scottland to buy it...they only make 20 kegs a year.....:D
Mark

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So it goes from a big thread that they were forced to shut down, do a thousand mini-threads that an army of people will keep referring to.

I don't think anything was really stopped. On the contrary, Tartan has put their foot in their mouth in the long term.
Yes Sir they have the foot in mouth thing,
So what are you buying next year and will $30 more on sailnet make a difference where you buy it thinking about the TARTAN problem?
Mark

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Screw Tartan. Sail net is an info source and generally a fun place to be. Tartan is not an issue per those standards. Unless you don't have a life. Buy an old Tartan. An S&S. Then talk about something else.

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
I wouldn't boycott Sailnet, since they're kind enough to sponsor this forum. If they didn't sponsor this forum, what is the likelihood that you'd have heard of the Tartan issues at all??? Pretty low is my guess.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts