SailNet Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone out there know the dimensions of an Annopolis 26 rudder?
Mine recently went to the bottom of Davy Jones Locker and I need to make another.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Check with Mystic SeaPort in Mystic Conn. I understand they have an extensive collection of plans, loftings and dimensional drawings in their research library.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone out there know the dimensions of an Annopolis 26 rudder?
Mine recently went to the bottom of Davy Jones Locker and I need to make another.
I was wondering how the rudder failed on your Annapolis 26. Did the rudder or stock actually fail structurally, or was it a fastener failure, such as bolt or shear pin. The reason that I am asking is that I am considering buying one of these boats, and I want to know what to look out for.

·
Administrator
Farr 11.6 (Farr 38)
9,837 Posts
Here are a couple leads you might want to follow:

The Annapolis 26 was built for the Annapolis Sailing School who still was using them until a few years ago, but they no longer appear on their webpage.

The Annapolis 26 was designed by John Holmes. The last I heard, John was still living in Nokomis, Florida. For the original poster, there is a profile picture of the rudder on Sailboat Data ANNAPOLIS 26 (HOLMES) sailboat specifications and details on sailboatdata.com

Sailboat Data said that the boats were built by Tidewater Boats. There were two different Tidewater Boats, one in Tampa which is still in business and one on Maryland's Eastern Shore which may or may not still be around.

Some of the boats were reportedly built by Roger Moorman (Gloucester, Va.) but regrettably Roger died in 2012. There may be records of his work at the Mariner's Museum, in Newport News, VA.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Try Cardinal Yachts, 5457 Aragorn Ln, Gloucester, VA 23061 (804) 693-5928. No garuantees but they may still have Annapolis 26 parts around.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts