SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Farr 11.6 (Farr 38)
10,619 Posts
Its a little late for this but both Severn Sailing Association and Annapolis Yacht Club have great Jr. Sailing programs. Severn Sailing used to be open to anyone, whether you were a member or not. Other than that, you might look at one of the more adult schools like J-world, Chesapeake Sailing School or Annapolis Sailing School. If you son is a technical type, the J-world school would best suit him. Otherwise, I usually say that I prefer Chesapeake Sailing School over Annapolis Sailing although I understand that Annapolis Sailing School has just redone its program and I'm not sure about that recommendation.
Jeff
Jeff

·
Super Moderator
Farr 11.6 (Farr 38)
10,619 Posts
I forgot about the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum. John is exactly right. That would be a great program for a 14 year old.

Years ago, I volunteered to help with their sailing class. I was staying over at the museum and two of the teachers called in sick. I knew the main instructor and he asked if I would be willing to help out on the water. That weekend they were running a father/son, Mother/Daughter class. It was very well run and all had a blast.

Jeff

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.