SailNet Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to be landlocked in Annapolis, the sailing capital?:D

Looking to make friends in the sailing community – and to get my sea legs back as I have been off the water for about 5 years. Serves me right! I have a fair amount of cruising/living aboard experience ...came up here to avoid the hurricane season in 2001 and have been landlocked ever since – much to my bemusement.

I am poking around for a +-38’ fast cruiser. I have two young children I hope to take to the islands in a handful of years, and who knows...maybe I will make another break for it!

So no boat, woefully rusty, but eyes still on the horizon –

Helen

·
Registered
725 Posts
If your single join SOS singles on sailboats quite a large group there. The SSCA Seven seas cruising association is meeting next month there for a weekend gathering and great fun also dont forget the sailboat show in October, some of us plan to meet there this year. See you there!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
badsanta,

Thanks for the heads up on the SSCA get together next month...I was a member many years ago. It really made the cruising community a small place and wonderful to run into people years out. I met a couple in the Seychelles and then 15 years later anchored right next to them in the Dominican Republic!

·
Registered
Tartan 37
5,307 Posts
Welcome to Sailnet HF,

Well you certainly should be able to find a boat to your liking in Annapolis :)

We also have two small children, 3 & 5 years old and both have been sailing with us on the bay since they were born.

All the best,
Shawn

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome T37Chef .. our kids are the same age!

PM me if your family ever want to do a sailing playdate :)

Helen

1 - 5 of 5 Posts