SailNet Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just pulled the boat for the winter and it looks like (1) the Yanmar SD20 saildrive has its own anode [magnesium, this is a freshwater boat] and (2) that the Gori folding prop [bronze fins, I believe] has its own anodes, a pair of semi-circle zinc rings.

I say they're zinc as (1) they don't look that depleted, and (2) l don't think Gori offers these in magnesium.

Is this correct, that both the saildrive and the prop have their own anodes, and will the Gori zinc anodes will work in freshwater with this configuration?

·
I don't discuss my member
2,627 Posts
Yes, they both have their own anodes and no, zinc anodes should not be used in freshwater. Further, it is my understanding that anodes of different metals should not be used in conjunction with one another.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Yes, two anodes. One pencil style up inside the boat on the port side -- for me I've only changed this once in five years, but I hang on a mooring so don't have the same issues as someone in a marina. The other is the ring that sits between the prop and the shaft of the saildrive leg.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts