SailNet Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well there is a boat near me that has been tied to a few different things for the last few months. its an interesting looking boat, that seems pretty seaworthy at this point. it does not have any companion boards in place but somebody set the table over the opening, and it has 6 inches of water in it. there is not much wood inside to get messed up so the water is not much of a problem yet. what i see it would need to set sail tomorrow is sails ( main is on the boom but does not look good jib unknown ), running rigging and a tiller. the standing rigging is there and standing.

okay features for id
its around 26 to 28 feet
it has a tiller
in the aft cockpit floor is a rectangular hole for i guess an out board
the deck is flat except behind the mast, the roof is very rounded, almost bubble like
the windows are bullet shaped, one per side
there is no stern rail or set up for one
the bow rail is very rounded no square shapes at all
the main sheet is end of boom and there is a track on the stern like a genny track for a car of some sort, no lines so i would not call it a travler
i could not find a hull id plate
inside actually looks pretty big
galley on the port side aft
head area is also on the port, behind the v berth
entrance to the v berth is starboard
looks like it is meant to have a U shaped settee around a table on the port side with a straight settee on starboard

i think the boat would make a pretty decent weekender, but it would need a cleaning and paint to look decent. it was painted before but is cracking. i could not feel any real soft spots top side ( not looking for em just what i felt as i walked on it ). the electric panel is also under water, its not screwed in its just hanging there, so it would need new electric.

if i did not have a boat i would think about trying to get her. figure for some used sails, some lines it could be sailable. at least if the rudder in there, i see a tube that i would think the tiller goes in

·
Registered
725 Posts
Does it have any registration numbers? maybe you could find the hull # and trace the last owner.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've had 2 of these over the years and they are fine sailers. very solid boats. of course getting something like that is always more work than you plan for but if the hull is solid, and you're willing to put out the repair money, go for it

·
I don't discuss my member
2,652 Posts
Am I the only one who thinks this is a horrible place for a motor?
I had a Columbia 22 (also a Bill Tripp design) for years that had an engine well. Not only is it very inconvenient (takes up valuable cockpit space, hard to get out of the water if you want to sail without its drag etc.) but it was louder than hell. On of the first things I did to that boat was to install an outboard motor bracket on the transom and get the engine out of the boat.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i was not looking at it for me, i have a boat.

i was thinking for those who want a boat, that post here looking for a cheap to free boat or to go bigger. like i said it could be under way for less than a grand with used sails. then worked on over the winter to made pretty

yes it does have registration numbers so finding the owner would not be hard

1 - 8 of 8 Posts