SailNet Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Just wanted to take a quick moment to say thanks to all who have responded to my thread in the PNW section. It's a great community so far. My story is like most 30-something newbies. I have been into just about everything high energy, and have started to refine my hobbies and interests. This economy is forcing some serious thought about my future and how to weather the storm coming. My wife and I have long talked about chucking it all and sailing around the world, even though we have little/no experience on a sailboat.

My dream at this point, is to crew regularly for a couple of folks to get some experience, while reading all I can about sailing. In the past two weeks I must have read 8 books! Just got done with Berserk, which totally freaked me out.

Maybe in two years or so, I will finally find that dream boat that I can work on and perhaps live on.

I have just registered for Jody's crew and hopefully will be getting out on the water soon.

Again, thanks,

Scott

·
Registered
7,314 Posts
David,

Us NW'rs have ALREADY taken over, ie puget sounders including up to southern BC!

Welcome Scott, don't worry about David, we're not ALL like him, just most of us!

marty

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.