SailNet Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
One foot on the ground.
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a new (old) boat that I am going to take delivery of next week. She needs a little work before I take her out. One of the main things is that all the winches need servicing (which I've never done before, but that's a different thread).

The surveyor said the winch is a Lewmar #45 3-speed, but I can't seem to find any info.

Any ideas on what it may be?

·
19,489 Posts
It certainly could be.. but usually there's some kind of markings on them. The pattern on the centre plate is not familiar to me...

btw - interesting pattern of cutouts and hinges just below the winch. Are we looking at the top of the transom? What boat is she?

·
One foot on the ground.
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She's a Sailcraft Cherokee Cat. That is the transom you're seeing in the photo... definitely an interesting arrangement on the rigging!

I agree about unfamiliar center plate markings... I've looked at every Lewmar winch I can find on the internet trying to find a similar winch... nada. Since she's down in Corpus Christi and I'm up North Texas, I was hoping to get some of the parts I need together before heading down.

~mt

·
Telstar 28
43,289 Posts
Any chance you have a larger, more detailed photo, particularly of the top of the winch?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts