SailNet Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to All,

Does anyone know of any places that rent small ( 20 foot range) sailboats in the Long Island Area. I just took the ASA Basic Keelboat class and I am looking to practice what I learned. For those of you that are like me and new to sailing, I highly recomend taking a class. Any info on the sailboat rentals would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Like the others have said, Oyster Bay Water Front Center. Also besides the Sonars and Rhodes they have Sunfish as well. Flipped a great many of those over there when i was learning to sail...

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
ah sunfish boats, a great boat for really hot days, just pull the sheet and a little too much and you are now cooled off. i have thought about getting one just for the wet side of life.

i do know what not to do on a sunfish, and thats wind over 20 knots, i actually ripped a new sail on one once in 20 knot winds. was great fun till i had to paddle a mile in 20 knot winds

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I took lessons out at Sag Harbor, about 2 hours from where I live. I am looking for a place that might be closer to my home in Long Beach.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts