SailNet Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
1977 Morgan OI 30
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, we live in New England. Weather is like the wind. Canned a trip last weekend due to rain, rain and more rain. This morning its 'severe thunder storms likely'...but we're going. Just an overnighter to Rockport, somewhat of a yearly fitting out trip. A 3 hour tour. Get to try out my new Olympus 1030 which has got to be better than my cell phone camera....right? :)

·
Registered
967 Posts
Same here...

The Admiral and I are try to do our first overnight of the season this weekend. Weather for the weekend has gone from iffy to good back to iffy as the week progresses. Want to go south from Marblehead to either Boston or Scituate, but yet again T-storms are predicted as well as light winds in the wrong direction.

I know if we don't go, the weekend will be gorgeous.

DrB

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
Depends on your photography skillz... if you keep your left fingers over the lens, then no... the cell phone will work better. :) Have fun... say hi to Motif #1, v.2 for me. Don't forget to go around the big breakwater... :)

Well, we live in New England. Weather is like the wind. Canned a trip last weekend due to rain, rain and more rain. This morning its 'severe thunder storms likely'...but we're going. Just an overnighter to Rockport, somewhat of a yearly fitting out trip. A 3 hour tour. Get to try out my new Olympus 1030 which has got to be better than my cell phone camera....right? :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
I hear good things about the camera...enjoy!

I think interesting weather makes for great photos.

Incoming Storm

I'm hoping we'll be out on Buzzards Bay this weekend. We were so pleased with ourselves with getting the boat in the water in the end of May, but with weather and family obligations, we've only been out once. :(

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
Where do you sail out of... I'll keep an eye out for you... I'll either be on my boat or a friend's catamaran. :)
I hear good things about the camera...enjoy!

I think interesting weather makes for great photos.

Incoming Storm

I'm hoping we'll be out on Buzzards Bay this weekend. We were so pleased with ourselves with getting the boat in the water in the end of May, but with weather and family obligations, we've only been out once. :(

·
Registered
73 Posts
Phinney's harbor, near the canal. But we get as far into Buzzards Bay as wind, waves, and current will take us.

If you see someone with a camera, wave. It might be me, and I upload the photos to AmericanDreamPhotos.com.

I take the camera out on every trip, and I figured there might be people out there interested in having a photo of themselves out on their boats.

I know WE would love to have a photo of ourselves under sail, but hard to do when you're ON the boat. :)

Whereabouts are you?

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
The catamaran I sometimes sail on is out of Marion harbor, which is up your way, and my boat is a trimaran out of New Bedford. :)

Phinney's harbor, near the canal. But we get as far into Buzzards Bay as wind, waves, and current will take us.

If you see someone with a camera, wave. It might be me, and I upload the photos to AmericanDreamPhotos.com.

I take the camera out on every trip, and I figured there might be people out there interested in having a photo of themselves out on their boats.

I know WE would love to have a photo of ourselves under sail, but hard to do when you're ON the boat. :)

Whereabouts are you?

·
Registered
108 Posts
A 3-hour tour??? Sounds like I heard that somewhere before. There's nobody by the name of "Gilligan" crewing is there?????

Eric

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
A 3-hour tour??? Sounds like I heard that somewhere before. There's nobody by the name of "Gilligan" crewing is there?????

Eric
AFAIK, he doesn't, but this is a photo of Joesaila... ;)

·
Registered
262 Posts
A memorable sail for me was in the early 90's singlehanding my 37 ft Apache sloop sitting on the cabin top reading a book with the autopilot driving. Pulled into Scituate, had dinner at the restaurant on shore and sailed back to MHD the next day.

Moe

·
Registered
7,296 Posts
Rain?!?! did I hear someone complain about RAIN on the east coast?!?!?!! poor folks, be glad you are not here in Seattle........yep, you never do anything with out it raining.........boo hoo...........Did I mention we are in the middle of our normal summer drought? two days of rain in the last 34, all of a half inch too!

Oh well, as we say, just go do it, put on some foulies, and enjoy!

Marty

ps, did I mention most states east of the mississippi get more rain from May1 to Oct 1 than seattle gets in a year by 10-15"! it rains here.......yeah right!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Rain?!?! did I hear someone complain about RAIN on the east coast?!?!?!! poor folks, be glad you are not here in Seattle........yep, you never do anything with out it raining.........boo hoo...........Did I mention we are in the middle of our normal summer drought? two days of rain in the last 34, all of a half inch too!

Oh well, as we say, just go do it, put on some foulies, and enjoy!

Marty

ps, did I mention most states east of the mississippi get more rain from May1 to Oct 1 than seattle gets in a year by 10-15"! it rains here.......yeah right!
Rain? You want to whine about rain? We got our second measurable precip in 2009 Monday night, .04 inches. That brings the total up to about .65 inches. Our annual average is 8.5, and they aren't kidding when they say that you don't want to be here the day it comes.

Some of us learn to do without, while a lot of you learn to do with. I really do feel for those who lose property with excess rain, and I know that is happening on the East Coast in places now. I'd be glad to take a couple of days of rain off your hands now, so you can go sailing in nigh weather this weekend. Good luck.

Bob

1 - 14 of 14 Posts