SailNet Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're out and wanted to see if anyone else was..? We have no plans other than where the wind and our moods take us. We do, surprisingly, have internet in many places and I'll probably check SN from time to time.

·
Vikingsailor
200 Posts
If you make it up to Muscongus Bay, post a note...I'll keep an eye out for you.

Today is Friendship Days. We're gonna go sit on our boat and watch the lobster boat races from the front row (finish line is right across from our mooring). We've also been invited to hang out on our neighbor's lobster boat and float. Should be interesting...

Fair winds!

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
We've cruised up to Maine from Florida; 'spent about a month in Penobscot Bay and we're slowly working our way south. We a currently sitting in Portland waiting for the fog to lift for a short day to Biddeford Pool. We'll be leaving Maine by the end of the month. It's been wonderful, 'take care and joy, Aythya crew

·
Registered
272 Posts
We've cruised up to Maine from Florida; 'spent about a month in Penobscot Bay and we're slowly working our way south. We a currently sitting in Portland waiting for the fog to lift for a short day to Biddeford Pool. We'll be leaving Maine by the end of the month. It's been wonderful, 'take care and joy, Aythya crew
Waiting for the fog to lift. Good luck this year. :)

·
Super Moderator
6,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's pretty

It's pretty soupy right now around Pemaquid. Vis was about 1/8nm or less most of the morning. We pulled into Christmas Cove for lunch and may just stay the night. Yesterday was beautiful, today pea soup & rain.

P.S. There is no such thing as waiting for the fog to lift in Maine..:D

Last Night:

This Morning (same boat):

·
I'd rather be sailing
1,903 Posts
We're considering hopping offshore from NC next week and heading to Maine for a few weeks. It's either that or Washington DC. Keep us up to date just in case we make it up...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Need advise with Maine harbors!

Have an opportunity to take 36' sailboat - draft 6 1/2, fin keel, to Rockland, Maine from Cape Cod. Only have 7 days. Prefer to do day trips. What ports would be recommended? (Concerned about lobster pots). Can make Cape Ann the first day. Can we make it through or go around?

We're out and wanted to see if anyone else was..? We have no plans other than where the wind and our moods take us. We do, surprisingly, have internet in many places and I'll probably check SN from time to time.

·
Not just a member
111 Posts
Cruising Maine

I am cruising Maine starting tomorrow but I will be riding on my Honda Goldwing motorcycle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts