SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

We are looking at a 2000 Hunter 29. At first we will use it on Lake Michigan but in a few years we plan to take it south to the Keys and Caribbean.

It will just be the wife and I so we don't need much space and don't really plan to go across the ocean, even if we did it would many years before we did, thus giving us some time to get used to the limits of the boat and crew.

So what we want to know is if anyone is out there cruising on a Hunter 29. Any problems, things to look out for?

Not looking for people to bash Hunter, every boat has it's problems. So unless you have first hand experience with a 1995-2005 Hunter 29 please don't post.

·
Registered
196 Posts
We used to have a 1981 30' Hunter (this was about 6 years ago). We lived on her for a few weeks at a time. Once for 2 weeks, 4 adults and a dog. We sailed her throughout Florida, the Keys and the Bahamas. She got us through storms that I never want to relive. I broke a rib in one storm (caught us by surprise on the crossing back to the mainland from the Bahamas) but the boat was fine. Personally, we love Hunter. Rugged, safe, affordable, and comfortable!

Here are some photos and map of our sailing grounds.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts