1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
19,485 Posts
Not me:mad:

What boat did you get?

·
Master & Commander
204 Posts
A condo with a stick... 4 adults & 3 kids..... Sails like a tree sloth.....;)
Put 2 of the adults and the 3 kids in the dink and tow them along until the sloppily cleated painter becomes undone and you find yourself all alone with just you and your SO...

I'll gladly trade that condo with a stick for this desk with no wheels....

Have a great time, even though it's really hard not to.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Last year and MAYBE this spring, but right now you're on your own. If you get to Garner Bay, tell Cynthia that Pam and Don say "Hi". And if you find our boat hook out front of her place you can keep it. Now, ease back and grab a Pain Killer.

·
Bristol 45.5 - AiniA
4,525 Posts
How well does a tree sloth sail?

·
Registered
174 Posts
We're here hanging out in the Virgin Gorda North Sound today, possibly heading to Anegada tomorrow. Outbound (s/v Hippocampus) should be around somewhere too though he may be out of internet range.
My sympathies on the charter cat. At least if you use both sails and reef when appropriate we will have an easy time identifying you. Seems like they're constantly over canvassed or motor sailing.

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We're here hanging out in the Virgin Gorda North Sound today, possibly heading to Anegada tomorrow. Outbound (s/v Hippocampus) should be around somewhere too though he may be out of internet range.
My sympathies on the charter cat. At least if you use both sails and reef when appropriate we will have an easy time identifying you. Seems like they're constantly over canvassed or motor sailing.
Sailing towards Cooper now and just broke 9.2 knots... For a 42' cat she's got a lot of wetted surface... Great sailing today, despite the craft...;)

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
The stretch from the North Sound exit to Cooper or The Baths is, for me, always the fastest run in the BVI. Particularly off Savannah Bay where the winds funnel and give a thrilling ride for those caught with full sail in boisterous conditions :)

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think we just saw you guys at the Baths. Tried to hail you on 16 as you left....

·
Registered
25,130 Posts
Yes it has been rebuilt. Expensive, with marginally decent food. Cooper Island has also been really fixed up and is a great spot...
Thanks. I have some great memories of being at the Bight, so always have to return. Nice protected spot with good snorkeling too. After Willy T's starts getting a bit too lively, we stumble over to Pirates.

We saw the new Coopers Island resort on our last trip a couple of years back. Sat at the bar playing shut the box during their painkiller happy hour. Fun.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts