SailNet Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Montgomery 17
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering how many people out there have websites or blogs about their boat?

I recently created a website where I am searching for individual's websites for their boats. Particularly where they have documented work that they have done on their boats, whether it be a complete restoration, small projects or modifications and upgrades.

I have a section of my website where I am collecting as many websites about projects done on particular sailboats. In hopes that people out there looking for information can come to my website and be able to find many places where they can view where owners have documented their projects and maintenance that they have done on their boat.

So if you have a website or know of a one that may fit the bill let me know. Visit my website if you are curious, it is in my signature.

Thank You All.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Hey Perithead (You like Buffet too? hehe)

I have one. It's about my wife and I deciding we're sick of real life, getting our boat, that sort of thing.

As Newbie Sailors (which we've never sailed yet, so we're newbier than newb) we're going to document a lot of stuff... including work on the boat.

I've done a lot, taken pictures and keeping a kind of written "personal log" on things -and will transcribe some to the site.....

Did you want the link?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I do. I can't post links just yet to this site due to lack of posted so here is the pseudo link of the site:

www (dot) msprod (dot) com (slash) Cal20

·
Anything-Sailing Founder
2,241 Posts
I do. I can't post links just yet to this site due to lack of posted so here is the pseudo link of the site:

You should be able to now :).

As for me the only thing I really have is pics. I was going to start a blog showing the restoration of my little sabot but since I haven't done much to it yet, there really hasn't been much point.

HERE'S THE PICS in case anyone is interested :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
I've got one: www (dot) captainsblog (dot) org (link in my signature). It needs a whole Summer and Fall's worth of updates, but now that the season is winding down, i'll get around to that. The best thing on the site are some of my gps tracks plotted on google maps (on the 'trips' page).

·
Apropos of Nothing
1,736 Posts

Next time you should start a thread that says "ignore this, I'm posting a bunch of times so I can post links". :D (sinister grin)

·
Montgomery 17
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
N0NJY - Sure, I would love the link.

Thanks guys for replyingm I was wondering if anyone here had any websites.

I am a bit pressed for time right now, but I will look at the sites and possibly add them to my website in the morning (after I vote for JM!).

Any more?

·
Tartan 27' owner
5,241 Posts
There is a whole ocean of disconnected web logs out there and there are a few sites that sponsor them. Here is one of the consolidated world wide websites: SailBlogs: Host for Sailing Blogs
There are also a ton of user groups based on the boat make/model on Yahoo and other websites.
Good luck with your website project but you are far from the first onto the band wagon.
Try a google search on 'sailblog' to see what comes up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts