SailNet Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am still a relatively new boat owner. The previous owner called my boat a 1977 Orion S&S 35. When I looked up the hull number online Seeker Yachts came up. hmmmm. Trying to look up specs and such. I'll try to post a picture if I can figure it all out.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
here's a pic

Also, anyone know where a fellow can lookup all info using a HIN without paying boathistoryreport.com $44.00?

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
For what is worth

I paid the money for this “service” before buying my boat and everything came back clean. Very rest assuring until I learned later from the PO that the boat had in fact been involved in a collision and repaired though the insurance claim.

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
Boathistoryreport.com is a waste of money. They are nothing like Carfax.com for automobiles. There are often boats that are in very serious accidents or even sold as salvage vessels taht boathistoryreport.com misses on.

If you have the HIN, you can look up the first three letters, which are the MIC, and represent the manufacturer. Be aware that the MICs can and have been recycled, so you have to make sure you're using the right company name, based on the year of the boat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts