SailNet Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
TROUBLE
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just returned from our second season in the Bahamas. After spending last hurricane season in Brunswick, Georgia, we did the Exumas, Eleuthera, and the Abacos. We returned to Ft. Pierce, and are now in Boot Key, Texas bound.

Anyone else hanging out on a ball here? I did bump into Brian, AKA CruisingDad, this morning. What a guy! And his boys sure have grown since I saw them a year ago.

Ralph

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hey Ralph and Beverly,

Glad you made it to Boot Key. Did you run into Katie and Jessie? They are on their way North. We leave the 28th for Little Stirrup Cay and Nassau. Starter is working. Fuel pressure switch or electric fuel pump on the fritz. New switch coming Monday. Hopefully on mooring at St. Augustine Municipal Marina before we leave on the 28th. Nor'Eastn'r blowing now. Very high tides. Enjoy the Keys before you return to Texas.

Dot and John

·
TROUBLE
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Ralph and Beverly,

Glad you made it to Boot Key. Did you run into Katie and Jessie? They are on their way North. We leave the 28th for Little Stirrup Cay and Nassau. Starter is working. Fuel pressure switch or electric fuel pump on the fritz. New switch coming Monday. Hopefully on mooring at St. Augustine Municipal Marina before we leave on the 28th. Nor'Eastn'r blowing now. Very high tides. Enjoy the Keys before you return to Texas.

Dot and John
Sadly, we missed Katie and Jesse. I'm happy to hear Scallywag is just about up and running again. Good job!

Ralph

·
TROUBLE
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Ralph,

Does that mean cruising for y'all is over for awhile?
Maybe for a year or two. We'll see. For now, it will be great to be closer to our son and my wife's sister.

The boat is due some work. Maybe even some upgrades.....maybe even an autopilot. This could be done anywhere, but I can't find a Whataburger anywhere. Going on two years since I had one!

Also, we enjoyed the east coast of Florida on the way down, but rushed to get to the Bahamas. Some spots we missed, and some we want to go back to.

How about you? A new boat yet?

Ralph

·
Registered
58 Posts
Ralph,
You should have mentioned What a Burger. We would have found one for you. I think there are a couple in Jacksonville. Scallywag is running. I just jump the contacts for the fuel switch and the tack and amp gauges work.

Dot and John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts