SailNet Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
jimbo
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has ever installed a small flat grill on a boat? They have 2 ft flat stainless steel grills for 500.00. Great for pancakes... burgers... grill cheese.... stirfry... the one I looked at runs on natural gas. Any thoughts.... experiance.... ideas?

·
Registered
22,350 Posts
I would just get a flat griddle pan (they come in many sizes) and put it across the the burners on the stove or BBQ. Then I wouldn't be limited to just the griddle.

·
3,506 Posts
I once had a cast aluminum griddle pan that was flat on one side and a grill on the other. Fit nicely over two burners. I think it was made by Coleman.

Reactions: JimMcGee

·
Registered
22,350 Posts
Teflon is a good way to go, especially on a boat, where soaking and cleaning are more difficult.

·
Glad I found Sailnet
3,842 Posts
We have an 18" by 9" griddle that we put on the propane stove. It's great for making pancakes and bacon (yum… bacon…). It's teflon (or a variant of teflon), not something I would put on the BBQ, since the heat may get too extreme for it.

It was actually a present for my daughter, who took change of making the pancakes.

Regards,
Brad

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
My father went to the local junkyard and got a sheet of welted truck running board that was flat on the other side. They cut it to size for him and my mom would slide it onto our stovetop for pancakes or grilled cheese for her family of eight, anytime. Any reasonably thick piece of flat steel should work. In our book, spending $5 is better than spending $500.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts