SailNet Community banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!
We bought this boat the other day just for the trailer. Hoping to piece the boat out if there is anything salvageable, it’s in rough shape and completely gutted, but we have no idea what it is. Anyone know?
Thank you!!
Plant Vehicle Tree Boat Motor vehicle

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We still have it, if we can’t find anyone that is interested then we will scrap what we can and sell anything that is salvageable (if we can figure out what it is to advertise at our club) It’s sad to see a boat go like that but the guy has had it for sale for a long time and there has been no interest in the boat.

·
Registered
Argie 15
98 Posts
How long is the boat? If you can find the HIN that should realy help narrow it down. I'd expect there are not that many trailorable sailboats with a keel like that...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How long is the boat? If you can find the HIN that should realy help narrow it down. I'd expect there are not that many trailorable sailboats with a keel like that...
The ad said it was 22’ long and my hubs said he hasn’t found a HIN yet unfortunately. I’m hoping some sailboat wizard can id the make 🤣

·
Super Moderator
Farr 11.6 (Farr 38)
10,621 Posts
That looks like a Bock. The company went out of business in the early 1960's.

Jeft

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Clean the boat up. No one wants a dirty boat. Clean it inside and outside. The HIN numbers started somewhere around 1972 according to google so if Jeff is correct it is a Bock then there won't be any numbers on the hull.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Clean the boat up. No one wants a dirty boat. Clean it inside and outside. The HIN numbers started somewhere around 1972 according to google so if Jeff is correct it is a Bock then there won't be any numbers on the hull.
Good to know about the HIN number dates, thank you. It’s completely gutted inside and no engine, we also have 2 kids and our own sailing to do so unfortunately not enough time to clean it up :(

·
Registered
41 Posts
We still have it, if we can’t find anyone that is interested then we will scrap what we can and sell anything that is salvageable (if we can figure out what it is to advertise at our club) It’s sad to see a boat go like that but the guy has had it for sale for a long time and there has been no interest in the boat.
No I mean like the hull..
After you have pulled everything off of it and take the trailer what do you do with the junk hull? How do you dispose of it?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No I mean like the hull..
After you have pulled everything off of it and take the trailer what do you do with the junk hull? How do you dispose of it?
Oh I see! Sorry! We have a transfer station here that takes stuff like that, they would just crush it. It does charge but with what we get for metal (keel is all metal) we should at least break even hopefully. I know this sounds sacrilegious to do with a boat so if anyone is interested and near Ottawa let me know!!! 😀

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I saw a 36' sailboat cut up by a marina operator with a sawzall or chainsaw to get it into small enough pieces to load onto a utility trailer. The lead keel was sold for scrap.
As sad as it’s going to be I think that’s what we are going to do. We’ll scrap whatever metal we can and dispose of the rest. If we can figure out what type of boat it is we can try to sell the mast if anyone is interested as well 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻 Not worried about making anything but don’t want to be in the hole to get rid of it. Thanks for the reply!!

·
Registered
Argie 15
98 Posts
As sad as it’s going to be I think that’s what we are going to do. We’ll scrap whatever metal we can and dispose of the rest. If we can figure out what type of boat it is we can try to sell the mast if anyone is interested as well 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻 Not worried about making anything but don’t want to be in the hole to get rid of it. Thanks for the reply!!
When my dad died he had 2 boats in different stages of being built and my mother donated both to the local Sea Scouts. I don't know if Sea Scouts program is active in Boy Scout troops near you, but perhaps that is a way to give the scouts something to play with and perhaps have a tax deduction write off that can be used?

~~ Red ~~

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
When my dad died he had 2 boats in different stages of being built and my mother donated both to the local Sea Scouts. I don't know if Sea Scouts program is active in Boy Scout troops near you, but perhaps that is a way to give the scouts something to play with and perhaps have a tax deduction write off that can be used?

~~ Red ~~
Oh that’s a great idea! I will look into it :) I’m not sure if they would want something as it’s fully gutted but it’s worth a shot!
Thank you!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

~~ Red ~~
I just clued into that you said different stages of being built so maybe they would be!!! Thanks again!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts