Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dead in the water! get back to your facebook

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked up from my monitor the other day at the vast floor of office workers tinkering away on their facebooks and thought "What am I doing?, there must be more to life than this". My youth as a sailing and winsurfing instructor clearly had no career effect on me, but now I'm thinking "Wouldn't it be great to help crew around cape horn or do a transatlantic". Does anyone know how or where I can turn my mid-life crisis into a mid-life adventure?

·
Telstar 28
992 Posts
Try going to Sailopo.com and registering there. :)

·
Banned
3,502 Posts
Teddy, it depends on where ya wanna go? I have a friend sailing around the Sea of Cortez with plans to go South to Patagonia who may be looking for crew. There's also a quick turn-around trip to Hawaii (10 weeks) round trip cruise posted up here looking for crew. Look around here, CF, SA and other forums and places. Start talking to folks who are going somewhere and make a plan, even if it's only a 2-3 week quickie, it's better than nothing.

·
560 Posts
Those are great ideas as to where to look.

As far as your chances go, you're a shoe in. If you want to shrug off your "career" and go sailing, you can do it. Anyone can do it. If you are willing to make the necessary sacrifices, you're as good as gone.

And I'd say, hats off to ya. No one ever sits on their death bed and says, "Wow, I wish I had spent more time in the office."

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.