SailNet Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
99% landlubber, 1% sailor
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just bought a Tanzer T-29.
i've never sailed before.
Anything I should pay particular attention to when sailing her?
what would you say is the best rigging/sail setup for this vessel?
any pointers on where I should start in learning to sail her?
recommended reading?
anyone have an owner's manual, or sales brocure they could scan for me?
every little bit helps.

Thanks for reading!

·
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
been there before. not too many t29 owners around there. I was hoping I would find more of them here.. THanks for the suggestion though.

·
Registered
221 Posts
try contacting the T22 class association - someone there may know the names of T29 owners.

Tanzer 22

been there before. not too many t29 owners around there. I was hoping I would find more of them here.. THanks for the suggestion though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've been the happy owner of a Tanzer 28, for 22 years-rest assured you picked a great boat, the older the thicker the hull. Mine was built in '75 and has a flat deck beam to beam, plus eight in the cockpit-huge. Not a racer by any means, but can handle strong winds without reefing. I'm located in Toronto.

·
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was able to get a sales brochure for the t-29.
now all i need is an owners manual (if such a thing exists)

·
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In the absence of a dedicated site for tanzer 29s, and in the interest of uniting owners, I am happy to announce the creation of a new forum: the topics and responses are currently slim pickings, but at least stop by and say hi

tanzer29.freeforums.org • Index page

·
Registered
Tanzer 29
40 Posts
Reviving this thread because I just bought a Tanzer 29.

There's a Facebook group for Tanzer 25 & 29 owners. The T25 & T29 have the same designer (Joubert-Nivelt) and came out of the same factory.

Also, among the papers I got w/my T29 was an original sales brochure. I scanned it and uploaded it to archive.org.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts