SailNet Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Remember you're a womble
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just for a bit of fun, any sailnetters want to play the Volvo Ocean Race game?
Game | Volvo Ocean Race 2014-2015
I'm doing the prologue between the Isle of Wight and Alicante in Spain, managed to overtake some 6000 players so far (I started late!).
Not a terribly exciting game, but a fun distraction tweaking your heading and trying to keep the boat moving as quick as possible.
Anyway, if there are any sailnetters, let me know your ID on there (I am VISailor) and we can race against each other on the next leg. Rules: no credit card players, you can buy flashy sails, auto sail changes, auto-wind followers, auto course change things etc. No, you sail with jib and standard spinnaker only, and all steering and sail changes done manually.

·
Super Fuzzy Moderator
17,136 Posts
Played one a couple of years back, actually managed a finish in the top 1000 but it is way too time consuming to ever do it again. Must admit it was great fun.

·
Remember you're a womble
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I started the prologue late, got from 15,000th up to about 7000th, then had to go to pesky work and missed a crucial gybe going past Gibraltar. Lost me 3000 places, but a series of good tactical moves and courses and I managed to sneak into the top 6000 players (out of 22k). Next leg starts in about 10 days, Alicante to Cape Town.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.