SailNet Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
ASA and PSIA Instructor
4,315 Posts
Maine Sail's getting a new boat? I gotta say $52k would look like a stunningly good deal.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
ASA and PSIA Instructor
4,315 Posts
Tanely...
Hey isn't it time for you to upgrade? You can't beat a 36T, in this condition, for this kind of money.
SF

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
looks like it just came from the factory. I could see my reflection in the topsides, and I didn't even take the picture. If it comes with that lovely lobster pot, you better get it!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Cleanest boat i have ever seen! I owned one 10 years ago. Good boat. My criticisms were the cabin felt a bit too dark and enclosing - great for ocean trips. And port access to the engine was a squeeze, with a tank far aft and hard to access if needed. My boat's sole squeaked.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sorry for posting to an older thread, but given that some of you clearly know Rod Collins you should know the reason he sold his boat was due to having a massive stroke last year. I would just ask that if you have ever benefitted from Rod's prolific knowledge and willingness to help people that you donate at the link below directly to him through his business. The following is from a post (somewhat edited) from an Admin at Sailboatowners.com:

I got a call from Rodd himself, which I wasn't expecting and managed to miss. But he did leave a voicemail which I will pass along to you:

• Rodd's speech, which I had been told was really bad, was actually quite good. He sounded like Rodd, albeit a little weaker but easily understandable and with no noticeable problem finding words.
  • He sounded down -- deflated might be the right word -- and worried, as would be expected.
  • He said he is paralyzed on one side. I know stroke symptoms like this can change with time and physical therapy, but if there's a doctor here who can shed some light on how to gauge stroke recovery prognosis, that would be most helpful.
  • His business is shut down.
  • He's sold his sailboat due to his his physical condition after the stroke and the limited prognosis for a recovery that would likely prevent him from safely operating a sailboat.
  • He's looking at long-term rehab and therapy, and he is worried about how his family will afford that without going bankrupt.

From Rod himself, who is back up in very limited form on internet forms:

To all of you who have made a donation a huge THANK YOU!!!!! We have DECENT insurance coverage but there are a ton of things that are not covered... So far written over $38,000 in checks and that's not even scratching the surface on the stack of medical bills that has taken over my desk. and yes I've lost my entire business& income...

Thank you in advance for your assistance to Rod and his family.

Marine How To - DIY for Boaters - Marine How To

1 - 9 of 9 Posts