SailNet Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,

I am about to move down to the Lake Placid area of Florida. I'm trying to get a feel for the sailing community in that region of Florida. I would love to get your feedback!!

Thanks so much!

Biologist

·
Tartan 27' owner
5,238 Posts
Oddly, I have visited the Lake Placid area but I know almost nothing about sailing options nearby. There are quite a few lakes around in keeping with the name of the place; the biggest being Lake Istokpoga which I did not visit. Honestly, bass boats and personal watercraft are more in keeping with the local mindset - but I could be wrong.

I am sure you will find more sailors along the west coast on the GOM from Fort Myers to Sarasota about an hours drive from Lake Placid.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
I've been sailing in Florida since 1955, but I had to "google" Lake Placid. We're pretty much accustomed to places on the coasts, but I do remember learning to water ski in this area. There's no reason not to sail here, but no need to provision for the bahamas!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.