SailNet Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering doing a liveaboard ASA 101-103-104 with them in May. Also known as "Her Ladyship Sailing School." Would probably do the "Couple's Sailing Course." Looks like a pretty good combination of "Vacation" and "Sailing School," and it appears that it will all be on one "big" boat, as I don't particularly want to go somewhere and spend a bunch of time on a boat the same size or smaller than the one we have here (26'), this appeals to me. Thoughts? Reviews?

Link: Learn to sail with Sunshine Coast, an ASA Florida Keys sailing school in Key Largo, offering ASA certifications, couples sailing vacations & weekend adventures

Thanks!

Brandon

·
Registered
27 Posts
My girlfriend & I took ASA 101 from Pensacola Sailing Academy & thoroughly loved the experience. Would definitely recommend. Thanks to John, Kathy & Tony!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Power For Sail: We did not end up signing up with Sunshine Coast as they were booked for the timeframe we were looking. We are signed up for ASA 101-103-104 in the Virgin Islands in May. I have no review of them yet, as I have yet to do the course! They also sail out of Ft Lauderdale. I don't want to advertise for them (yet) as I haven't sailed with them yet! If you can wait until mid-May for my thoughts and review, then I'll post up our experience then.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Heading to the Virgin Islands tomorrow. Let you know how it goes in a bit over a week! Pretty excited.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Power For Sail:

After spending a week on Prana with Captain Bill Miles of Blue Water Sailing School I can wholeheartedly endorse the course, company, and captain. I also spent a good amount of time with Captain Molly Winkelman (my wife sailed with her for a day) as she was teaching a class at the same time and we kind of "buddy boated" most of the trip, and can say that she is good as well. As always, your mileage may vary, and personalities can play a role one way or another in an a small space like a sailboat, but we had a very good time with both instructors and an excellent learning experience in the Virgin Islands.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts