Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Glad I found Sailnet
3,841 Posts
Amazing

·
Asleep at the wheel
3,016 Posts
Greg, it's a trademark, not a copyright. And it will apply to both the game/app name and to other attributes of the game, including the manufacturer's name (can't call your company Candy Crush Games, for example) and the use of the name within other apps/games (can't run banner ads or show billboards with the Candy Crush name on it, for example).

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Candy Cane Cannon Clash
Candy-Coated-Chocolate Catapult War
...and this one would be double trouble:
Candy-Apple-Red Road Racer. :)

What's next; colors, numbers? I claim all flavors of 'green', 'five' and '5' -- pay me.

I hope someone in gameland can show prior art & sue these idiots out of business. Is there a digital "Candy Land"?

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Is there a digital "Candy Land"?
Yes, actually, there is...
Amazon.com: Candy Land Game (Jewel Case) - PC: Video [email protected]@[email protected]@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/[email protected]@[email protected]@61XD10VY9AL

I suspect that if they every try to sue anyone for using the word "candy" in the name of a game/app they will lose. In fact, if Hasbro gets wind of the fact that they are claiming a trademark on the word "candy," they may well find themselves on the losing end of a suit long before they expect it.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Too funny! :D Go get'em, Hasbro!!

Thanks, you made my day.

·
Old enough to know better
4,345 Posts
How about Candy-Nav The sailboat navigation software for the sugar addicted sailor? I guess my plans for becoming a millionaire are shot now!

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quickly -- change it to 'Sugar-Nav' & trademark it! ;)

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Somewhere between 'up' and 'down'; is my check (re: your sig) in the mail ? :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.