SailNet Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to see this but it could be expected when they stopped selling hardware and only sold clothing, it was sign good bunch of people we will miss them.
https://www.apsltd.com

·
12,160 Posts
Agreed. I bought plenty from them. Their Annapolis store had great products and customer service. They would match or beat most of their competitors prices and had quality items

·
Registered
217 Posts
I had bought from them as well, line and hardware.

Being in an expensive part of the country, they probably had trouble competing with companies in areas with less expensive labor. Plus, they may not have been large enough to have any economy of scale.

They tried to follow the model of Lands End Co of years ago.

·
Registered
21,769 Posts
I ordered some things from them online. I’d never been to the store, on my visits to Annapolis, that I recall. They sold quality stuff, which was presumably the brand they were going for. I think they had some proprietary stuff, but it was monogrammed or logo generic stuff they sourced elsewhere, it seemed.

The problem, of course, is there are ample sources for HH, Gill, Musto, etc. As there is for hardware. They marketed quite a bit, which must be how I learned of them. I don’t honestly recall. Just wasn’t enough unique to be a go to, unfortunately.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts