SailNet Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! Quick question: Does anyone know if the various Jabsco marine head model series use the same joker valve - or at least, are Jabsco joker valves interchangeable across Jabsco model series? Our joker valve needs replacing, but we are currently a day's travel apart from our boat, and I don't have a record of the exact series we currently have installed.

·
Registered
140 Posts
There are actually two sizes of Jabsco joker valves. There is a small one used on electric toilets with a 1" discharge and a larger one used on toilets with a 1-1/2" discharge.

Practical Sailor magazine recently said that Jabsco, Groco, and Raritan 1-1/2" joker valves were all interchangeable.

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
Second what Hopcar said. I've measured them and cross installed them. If you install a Groco or Raritan valve it will flush a little harder, as they are more stiff, but it will work.

Electric is different.

·
Rocket Scientist
66 Posts
From what I've experienced and researched, Jabsco joker valves also tend to wear out faster. We replaced the Jabsco joker valve in our Jabsco manual head last year with a Raritan one and it has been good ever since.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
From what I've experienced and researched, Jabsco joker valves also tend to wear out faster. We replaced the Jabsco joker valve in our Jabsco manual head last year with a Raritan one and it has been good ever since.
Agree. I've gotten extremely long service from the Raritan joker valve.:)

·
Registered
140 Posts
" I've gotten extremely long service from the Raritan joker valve"

Good to know as it is the most expensive of the three discussed. Probably worth the extra money to avoid changing as often.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts