SailNet Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ahoy all -

Just had our 1985 O'Day 26 sodablasted.

It turned out great -- the hull is smooth and paint-free, and pretty much ready to go for the new barrier coat and then ablative paint.

There were some spots that needed some epoxy fill (done this afternoon), and some areas of pinholes (found and filled most). The pinholes almost look like a spray of freckles.

The question is, should I be concerned about finding/filling every one of the pinholes? Should I try to find/fill every one of them with the fairing epoxy? Or will the barrier coat (Interlux 2000) take care of it?

Thanks in advance,

Bruce

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
I wouldn't worry about them... if they're really just pinholes, the barrier coating will take care of them. :)

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
You're no fun SD :(

To the Original Poster:

If you don't find and fill every one of them then your boat will rot and sink in 24 hours :)

(Just Kidding)

·
One of None
8,045 Posts
Odays are close to an inch thick in some areas below the water line. no coring either. My boat had small blisters at the waterline. lots of pinholes too. Last year we stripped and filled and faired, most of the blisters weren't even deeper then the gel coat. 4-5 coats of 200E and I"m glad I opted for it. All we did was touch up the bottom paint this spring.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts