SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

atomic 4 damage?

3K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  imagine2frolic 
In most any case you want to run the motor ASAP to prevent rusting of the cylinder walls

You have freshwater so it is much better than salwater if there is no freeze damage

The issues i see in the long term are that anything electric will have to be rebuilt as the trapped water will result in failure over the summer

I would check the dip stick to see if there was a lot of water inside, if so pump out the oil and change the filter

I don't know I it as high enough to enter the cylinders BUT in any case you DO NOT want to risk turning over the motor with the spark plugs in until this is know

Be very careful when turning over a motor with water in the cylinders as it will be forced out with a LOT of pressure that can cause personal injury

I have to leave now good luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.