SailNet Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know if there's any other local sources for the exhaust flange for an atomic 4? Is there a compatible part available from a local auto parts store? I'm in Southern California (OC) and need to get one before next weekend. I'm a little leery of ordering from Moyer--not sure how long it will take for it to ship--and I'd love to find a local and cheaper alternative if there is one available.

·
Well-wisher
75 Posts
Ordering from Moyer is great. I live in NYC and ground shipped parts ordered in the morning arrive the following day. They will express ship if you're worried about it. For a part like that, I'd just go with them. If it was a more common part, like points, plugs, etc., the local parts store is cheaper and quicker.

·
Currently, between boats.
112 Posts
Moyer usual ships same day, and when you ask for them to get it to you next day, you will get it next day (costs a bit extra, though).

I've ordered about six different times from them, and never had a problem.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It looks like I'll be able to reuse the original one. If I ever find a compatible auto part I'll post it, I can't imagine it would be very expensive.

The only other part I had a hard time with is a 1.25" x 1.25" x .75" reducing tee that feeds water to the exhaust. I had to go with a 1.25" x 1.25" x 1.25" and then use a close nipple, reducer to 3/4", then a 3" 3/8" nipple to attach the hose to. Looks kinda phalic, but I hope it works. Wish I could find that other tee--would be a lot cleaner.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts