SailNet Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I've just taken ownership of a 1986 Attalia. So far I'm very pleased with it appart from what appears to be a design problem. Does anyone else have a problem with water lying on the port side cockpit seat not draining away?
If so has anyone found a solution?

·
Registered
7,286 Posts
Must be an issue with Jeanneau's of that era. My 85 Arcadia is that way, I also know of three other Arcadia's, with the same issue!

While I admit I am not an attalia, seems like a common problem for the 30 and 32' Jeanneaus from that time period.

marty

·
Registered
80 Posts
congratulations on the new boat

My Attalia has the same issue. I never thought about doing anything about it, but I suppose one could drill a hole and install a hose that drains into the cockpit somewhere near the scupper. I think the hose could be behind the wood panel in the rear of the aft cabin, so it would be out of the way. It doesn't seem worth the trouble to me though, unless someone has a more simple solution.
dave

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My Attalia has the same issue. I never thought about doing anything about it, but I suppose one could drill a hole and install a hose that drains into the cockpit somewhere near the scupper. I think the hose could be behind the wood panel in the rear of the aft cabin, so it would be out of the way. It doesn't seem worth the trouble to me though, unless someone has a more simple solution.
dave
Think I'll have to live with it, If I drilled a hole in the seat as far back as I could it would still appear in the aft cabin. The wooden panelling is further back that you think

Ian

1 - 4 of 4 Posts