SailNet Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
5,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the problem ?

When large pictures are posted with IMG tags they make the forum so wide that you have to scroll from left to right to see the other posts in the thread. This is very annoying.

How do we handle it now ?

What we do right now is chastise other forum members who post large pictures and encourage them to edit their posts to use smaller images, or delete the picture altogether, but it is bad solution because everyone would like to be able to post pictures without having to resize them first.

How can it be solved ?

Please add either a width=x height=y option to the IMG tag, or add a RESIZE=% option to resize the entire image. This will give us a way to use a large image in our posts with the IMG tag yet also be able to resize the pictures so that they don't mess up the other posts in the thread. Forum members can educate each other by suggesting to posters that they edit their posts to include the optional fields to resize their images.

·
Registered
22,096 Posts
I will second the motion that I have unsubscribed to threads that are bombed with an image that makes the text too small to read or scrolls the screen horizontally.

This forum software is written by a third party,