SailNet Community banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
In addition to Librivox, public libraries now have lots of audio books you can download from their website for free. The "Overdrive" library service seems to have the biggest selection.

Also many of our electronic gadgets can read ebooks out loud. It's not as good as a professional reader, but it's better than some of the Librivox readers.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions. I have read about 2/3 of the Aubrey/Maturin series and a couple of the Hornblower books. Yes, I should look into them. I LOVED reading the riddle of the sands when I found it a dozen years ago but I know the outcome. Still, will put it on the list. Now Bernard Cornwall I have never heard of, so that will go to the very top of the list.

Thank you!
Thanks for the suggestions. I have read about 2/3 of the Aubrey/Maturin series and a couple of the Hornblower books. Yes, I should look into them. I LOVED reading the riddle of the sands when I found it a dozen years ago but I know the outcome. Still, will put it on the list. Now Bernard Cornwall I have never heard of, so that will go to the very top of the list.

Thank you!
Once you’ve run through all of O’Brien & Forrester, there’s also Dewey Lambdin’s Alan Lewrie series (of at least 20) starting with “The King’s Coat” and then Julian Stockton’s Thomas Kidd series, all along similar lines with the central character being a Hornblower or O’Brien style naval hero and rollicking good reads.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

21 - 23 of 23 Posts