SailNet Community banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Telstar 28
992 Posts
Drama... he's got a hole in the bottom of his boat and he's triggered his EPIRB... yet he's talking about getting the boat back to the US... looks like he's trying to make Bermuda, by the track on his SPOT messenger.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I kept checking Bob's site but no update, so needed to know so I decided to call the Bermuda Coast Guard, and with great delight they said they were keeping an eye on him and he had reported all was well, and that the main storm had passed. Then later check his site and was pleased to see he had reported as well saying he had found the source of his water leak and was now repaired, being I know the boat, couldn't figure what would have been wrong, but now is all well.

·
Telstar 28
992 Posts
Thanks for the update TAD. :)

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well it appears that after safely reaching Bermuda and a few days of R and R, that Bob has change his plans after speaking with his lady in the United States, so will have to keep a watch to see where all this goes.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
I'm astonished that a person who just three weeks ago triggered an EPIRB because his boat was apparently sinking is now considering it a dilemma choosing between stopping or continuing with his circumnavigation. IN THE SAME BOAT???

And even more astonishing is why the experts on SAR in this forum have refrained from ripping his head off (metaphorically speaking).

·
moderate?
996 Posts
He has discontinued the blog...can't make up his mind on heading back or continuing on it seems and he is at sea while deciding! It is December in the North Atlantic...probably should make up his mind fairly quickly!! His position updates are still coming through...600 miles from anywhere doing Crazy Ivans at sea. Where Next? - Bob Williams

·
Telstar 28
992 Posts
You'd think he'd want to pull into a harbor and finish off the repairs properly before heading out again.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The repairs are finished and as knowing him personally, and his past a little guessing he's trying to decide whether to finish his trip home or go back to the lady he has found in the USA and see if she will go with him. Bob's history is Australia Navy and had captained their Tall training ship for some years. He knows what is right but guess he's dealing with emotions about this very nice lady. I can sure understand his postion, as his trip had started with a lady I understand which was his wife, but she bailed after a few years, leaving Bob to head on, I really don't think he ever thought he would meet a lady who would turn his head but it has, and I'm glad for that as being alone is not all its cracked up to, and its nice to share. So I would ask that after reading this be a little understanding and just wish him safety. I'm not sure how he would react if he knew I shared this with my fellow members here, but sometimes knowing a little bit, makes it all a little clearer.

·
Telstar 28
992 Posts
Ahh... that makes a big difference... He really should ask the lady if she's up to going to Oz via slowboat... If she says yes, he should head back and get her, otherwise, he should set sail for Oz. ;)

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
no answer yet still checking, wondering if anyone in that area might be able to check, as he should have checked in by now, or a least made an update unless his boat has been damaged so he couldn't send out a report. Have checked with a friend of his back in Australia and they have had no word.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts