SailNet Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I went out today and noticed that my auto pilot has stopped working. The display works but the drive does not. The only electrical work I have done lately is install a new stereo, but I used all existing wires and didn't splice into anything new. It is an autohelm 3000 I believe. Any ideas where to start looking? It has always worked fine. Maybe its just a fuse. I didn't get the chance to delve too deeply today, but I will give it look in a couple of days. Any advise would be surely appreciated.

Thanks, Bill

·
Registered
520 Posts
What is the display showing? Is it displaying the correct heading? Is the drive doing anything at all? Making any noise?

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Someone once said, "95% of all electrical problems on boats are faulty connections". I don't know if the number is accurate, but checking all the connections is certainly the place to start. After that, get out your multi-meter and "walk the line".

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The display reads normally: current heading, etc., and lets me know that I am going off course. I will check the connections because that sounds like a likely source for the problem.

Thanks for the input, Bill

1 - 5 of 5 Posts