SailNet Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Winch Fouler
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Autohelm ST4000. Well, the control box says ST4000 but the belt, motor, and wheel control appear to be ST3000.

The "clevis" which I believe is the name for the motor which controls the belt has a black cap. That cap split in half and had to be fixed while underway.

I've been searching for parts, and can't seem to find the actual name of this piece. Any ideas?

On my next trip to the boat, I will locate a local Raymarine dealer for assistance, but I thought I would toss out a line to the sailnet crew.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Just last week I was in The Boaters Exchange in Sidney BC. It's a company that deals with used boat stuff. He ships worldwide.
He had one of these complete A/P units in his store.

·
19,489 Posts
Raymarine Retired Autopilot Manuals

Select the ST3000 wheel pilot manual, pg 47 shows the assembly.. the clevis is the bracket and pin that holds the drive motor.. looks like what cracked is the pulley cover?

Probably difficult to get parts,. although google ST3000 and there's lots of complete systems for sale on Ebay/CL etc.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Bristol, thanks for the link! My ST4000 got whacky last time I was out, may need this guy!

BTW, Clevis is just the fastener, a kind of shackle, and an average sailboat might have a dozen on board, without an autopilot. Both ends of turnbuckles on standing rigging are typically clevises. Funny thing, most of us that are at all familiar with rigging hardware know that the pin going through the "jaws" of the turnbuckles are called Clevis Pins, but don't know that the "jaws" are in fact a clevis.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts