SailNet Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1996 Hunter 29.5 that has Autohelm ST30 series of Depth, Wind, and Speed. My Wind transducer with the cups was broken when I bought it. Currently, the depth and speed readings are always at zero, even after I've tried to calibrate them. The previous owner told me I just had to push "reset" when I bought it but so far nothing has worked. I've tried calling Autohelm and then say they don't support ST30 models and to but new ones. I'm thinking maybe they are all tied in together and maybe because the wind transducer is broken nothing is working? Anyone have any ideas, please and thank you.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
The depth and speed readings should not be affected by the wind readings. Are you sure the wind cup is broken? I remember the wind unit didn't have a separate wind vane for direction, but had one cup that was different from the others and the variation in RPM as it spun was used to detect the direction. Since they display zero, it looks like they have power. Most common problem for zero readings is a dirty bottom. Start by cleaning both transducers.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts