SailNet Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are on our first family adventure down the ICW from Lake Ontario and are now in Eau Gallie, Florida. Our Autohlem ST4000 control head is now fried after getting water in it. I am looking to replace it if anyone has one around. Raymarine won't service these anymore. Or - does anyone know if it can be interchanged with another control head, such as ST5000??

Thanks!!

Dave

·
Registered
85 Posts
Dave,
I'm planning on replacing my old 4000 with a more recent system...........The whole system is getting yanked so if your interested let me know. I cpould pull it this weekend if your in a real rush.
Dan

Bristol 39
"Mirari"

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Dan
Thanks for this. Is yours an ST4000 or the 4000? I am not sure if the control head for the 4000 is compatible with the ST 4000. ??

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Dan. I really appreciate this.

Dave

·
Registered
306 Posts
I sent a client's ST4000 back to RM only two months ago for repair...the display didn't. Anyway, it cost &200 and included a new display and a firmware update.
Howard Keiper
Berkeley

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Howard
Was it a ST4000 or a ST4000+? They said they could help with a ST 4000+ but not the ST4000.

Dave

·
Registered
85 Posts
Dave,
Unfortunately due to the two snow storms this weekend I was not able to get to my boat. I'll probably stop by this coming Friday.
Dan

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dan
Thanks for this. In the meantime, I found one on Ebay this weekend and was fortunate to win the bidding earlier today. Hopefully it will work and we'll be on our way!
Merry Christmas!

Dave

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Dan (Mirari), I saw here that you took a ST4000 system off your boat? I am looking for:

- St4000 control head
- wheel drive unit

Both of these were fried by lightning, and I sent them to Raymarine and they came back as unrepairable. I don't need the wiring or the compass, just these parts.

If you (or anyone) have them available, can you email me, my email is ks_8999 then @ then yahoo.com.

Note: I tried to send a PM but got an error because I am a new user to sailnet.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I am also looking for a working control uinit for my ST4000.
Or if I can't get it fixed I am willing to sell the Wheel pilot drive etc. and a bunch of new spare parts

1 - 16 of 16 Posts