SailNet Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all,

I'm somewhat new to sailing, been a few times and gotten ASA 101 cert.
I'd like to get some experience crewing with someone, helping around while reinforcing the stuff I already know.
Would love to help clean, repair, or do other types of maintenance, too, if you're someone who isn't planning on sailing but could use a hand. Basically, looking for exposure, experience and knowledge from helping out.

I'm able bodied, eager to learn, and have a love for success.
I'm pretty amiable and can get along with most.

I'd love to help out, get some experience, and make some new friends in the NC sailing community.

Looking to be available most any weekend (until, at least, the end of November, at which time I'll be available at any time).

If you need any other information about me or questions, please ask!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh! Also, I'm a college student finishing up his degrees this November, hence the weekend restrictions!

I look forward to hearing from, and potentially meeting, y'all!

-J

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey YT,

I'm also fairly new to sailing, live in Wilmington. I'm looking for my first boat and when I get it, would be happy to have someone along. I'm leaning towards a C&C 35 MKII right now. Would be a good one for practice.

Right now, I have friends with a 30' in Little River SC (right on the NC/SC state line) and I take out a 19' ComPac at Camp Lejeune.

Don't know where you are but if any of that sounds interesting, let me know.

·
Registered
15 Posts
ytdouble,

I am looking for day sailing crew on my Dufour 36 out of Little River, SC (just over the NC state line). Let me know if interested. You might also consider joining the group, "Carolina Sailors" on Facebook.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi Silverton10,
I just posted a crew offered message so nice to see your post too. I live in Kure Beach and have a bit of sailing experience. If you'd like an additional hand on deck please let me know. I'm new here so need a few more posts before I can get pm's, but I'll watch for your reply.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey castingoff, always open to having people come along. I'm taking this weekend to check out a bunch of boats for sale, so if all goes well, I might be working my own before long. In the meantime, I'm heading down to Little River occasionally, and now on weekends can take out the ComPac on base. Think I may have mentioned, I'm in Wilmington, so not far from you. Randy

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hey Randy,
Sounds good to me. Good luck with your search and let me know when you're going out again. I've connected to the FB group too, Carolina Sailors.
Best, Chris

·
Registered
15 Posts
Chris & Randy,
Since you both joined Carolina Sailors, we can talk there, but in case you didn't see that post, I am available to sail out of Little River this Sunday, but the weather doesn't look great. The weather looks much better for sailing this coming Tuesday afternoon. Let me know if either or both of you can come, and we'll head out to sea.
Stewart

1 - 8 of 8 Posts