SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in Florida and I need to get back to the Caribbean or the Virgin Islands which is where I'm from if you can help me that would be great I am looking to offer my services as a deckhand or whatever need be aboard a sail boat I also have with me my fiancé we really need to go home I am looking for a passage to the Caribbean or the Virgin Islands if you or anyone can help please call me my number is 919-308-2685

·
Registered
96 Posts
Mr. Smith,
Life is divided up into two categories. One the reality and two: the dream. While you appear to be from the later I am not here to judge you.
I will not break into the dialog of what happens when you put people who are green into vast expanses between shores. In fact all references to danger would likely as not only lure you in.
People die on boats all the time. Fishing is the most dangerous job there.
Of course I care about you too but does your "fiancé" have any idea of what puking feels like and the endless rocking on a boat with captain Ahab throwing you orders?
Most of what is out there is hours and hours of tedium / boredom punctuated by instantaneous incidents of sheer TERROR.
Good luck mate, I feel it would work best to just work and buy a ticket but there is a small chance you make find someone willing.
Yet exceptions are not the rule...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts