SailNet Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm browsing sailboatlistings.com and see this:

1983 John Alden Schooner 49 Passenger COI sailboat for sale in Michigan

It's the Red Witch: "Chicago's beautiful authentic wooden schooner offering a unique sailing charter experience with our Chicago skyline tours, day sails and Navy Pier summer fireworks cruises" (from the web page).

Damn! Three years ago, I met a woman on an online dating site (OKCupid.com) who lived in Chicago (I'm in St. Louis). We arrange an evening meeting in the late summer. I want to do something special for our first 'in person' encounter. I search the web, and find the Navy Pier fireworks cruises on the Red Witch. I get tickets and fly up to Chicago; we have a great Mexican dinner in the Fulton Market area, then over to the Lake where we board the Red Witch. Out on the water we are challenged by the tall ship "Windy," a much larger Schooner. We swing broadside to her, and cannons are fired from our decks. Soon thereafter, we pull close to Navy Pier to watch the fireworks display. This woman and I now are married, and have had several excellent sailing adventures.

So, "Damn!" I say. What will happen to the Red Witch and all the romance she brings? If I only were a rich (and foolish) man . . .

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
So, "Damn!" I say. What will happen to the Red Witch
Most likely she will be sold and the new owner will continue on in the charter trade either in Chicago or some new location.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.