SailNet Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 1985 Mirage 30 with no electronics except the original depth and speed gauges.

I'm looking to add some modern electronics and wondering if anyone can give me some feed back on the B&G Zeus 2 and Triton Wind/Depth/Speed instruments. Perhaps I might even add in the B&G auto pilot at some point as well.

Is this gear reliable? How is B&G support?

Thanks
Todd

·
Registered
186 Posts
I installed a Triton system on the boat awhile back. No Zeus display but the Wind/Depth/Speed package with a total of 3 Tritons. The Tritons all live in a NavPod mounted just aft of the cabin top mounted Traveler.

Its a NMEA 2000 based system and went together very easily. A single cable with tees and spurs links the system together. One cable to NavPod to add all three displays. The NavPod is set up to easily remove, - disconnect the one NMEA 2000 cable, remove a couple of wing nuts and the NavPod stores down below. Use a NMEA terminator to screw into the plug and protect the pins from weather.

Added an older Garmin Chartplotter using its NMEA 183 output to an Actisense NMEA 183 to NMEA 2000 converter.

Plug everything together and it just works. The Tritons allow you see all the sensors and select which ones to tie to displays. I typically have a wind angle and speed displayed on 1 Triton, depth and speed on another and the GPS data from the Garmin on the third.

No need to contact B&G support.

I am happy with the system and will likely expand it in the future to include a Zeus display, 4G Radar, WiFi server and the app to display on an iPad. Probably also add a Maretron display and 4 Maretron tank level instruments.

Marc Hall
Crazy Fish - Maintaining, Upgrading and Sailing a Crealock 37

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I plan to add them to my Zeus 8" chartplotter. Last Spring, B&G was having a special where they threw in an extra display... Waiting for that in combination with the usual discounts... Think I might get it for around $1300

·
Registered
18 Posts
I scanned the T41 data sheets and am I correct that the T41 does not display AIS like the Raymarine equivalent?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts